[ltp] Cisco aironet 2.6.5

Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:52:55 +1000 (EST)

I've been trying for a while now to get this mpi350 working under linux.
I've pretty much tried must links I can find to no avail.

I back graded my cisco firmware to 5.00.03.

I'm thinking its the 2.6 kernel.

I followed the bouncing ball to the airo_mpi site and read that it's
change were in the airo module from 2.6.3 onwards.

Mandrake 10 which is 2.6.3-4 tries and fails when using  the airo module.

It looks ok but nothing works when I configure the wireless and the status
reads that the radio is OFF.

So I went on to 2.6.5. Compiled, make, install the kernel and still
doesn't work with the airo driver.

So I tried installing the airo_mpi driver. airo_mpi-20031220

The make fails as modsetver.h is deprecated with the new modules stuff.

So BBH (big black hole) as far as this card goes. Unless I try a 2.4
kernel but 2.6 is so nice and responsive I am loath to go back. Eclipse
runs very well on the new kernel.

Any help much appreciated.

Stuart Guthrie