[ltp] R40 display brightness on battery power?

Simon Wong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:37:07 +1000

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 08:32, Benjamin Weste Pearre wrote:
> Just a quickie here -- on line power the display on my R40 is much
> brighter than on battery.  Obviously this is best for power, but I'd
> prefer to manage this myself using Fn-[Home|End].  I've looked through
> the BIOS settings (mostly using tpctl) and the ones that look like
> they might possibly disable LCD dimming don't have any effect.
> Apparently my skill (patience?) with google and The Archives is
> insufficient.  Do y'all know how to change this?  (the dimming, that
> is, although offers to make my skill sufficient at just about anything
> are also welcome ;)

In the BIOS setup (Press the AccessIBM button during power on) there's a
seting for the brightness for battery and for AC which controls the
maximum brightness.  At least on my T40 :-)
--
Simon Wong <linux@thoughtworx.com>