[ltp] Cisco aironet 2.6.5

Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:11:53 +1000 (EST)

>> It looks ok but nothing works when I configure the wireless and the
>> status
>> reads that the radio is OFF.
>
> Are you sure that the module is loaded.

It is in the lsmod list. I get messages saying so in the syslog. Perhaps a
bit of that is missing.

>> So I went on to 2.6.5. Compiled, make, install the kernel and still
>> doesn't work with the airo driver.
>>
>> So I tried installing the airo_mpi driver. airo_mpi-20031220
>>
>> The make fails as modsetver.h is deprecated with the new modules stuff.
>>
> built fine on Mandrakes 2.6.3-7mdk kernel for me.

I've been having problems getting that version from the mirrors.

What I'm reading on lots of projects is that modsetver.h is deprecated.

>> So BBH (big black hole) as far as this card goes. Unless I try a 2.4
>> kernel but 2.6 is so nice and responsive I am loath to go back. Eclipse
>> runs very well on the new kernel.
>>
> 2.6.3-7mdk works fine here with the airo_mpi.   I have gotten airo to load
> also, but I find airo_mpi to be more stable.

Thanks for the knowledge that it works on mandrake somewhere.. I will
persist.

> Are you sure you have wireless-tools installed?

iwconfig et al. Sure. Wireless works fine on my other klunky old laptop
with a usb cnet-611 thingo.

Thanks again for your help. I will attach some log messages in my next email.

Stuart