[ltp] cron vs. suspend (was: suspend resume works fine for sh ort suspends - fails for longer suspends)

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:49:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) wrote:

> If the OS doesn't run anymore, that means that the only way to wake up
> the computer is by some external action (open lid, press button, etc.),
> right?

IIRC, it is possible to set an alarm via APM or ACPI. The machine will
wake itself up from suspend when this alarm goes off. (E.g. you can tell
the machine to wake up at midnight.)

(I could be getting mixed up, though. I know some Macintoshes have a
feature like this, and I may be thinking of that, instead.)