[ltp] Off topic about Bit Torrent

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:31:55 -0400

I've been using azereus  (http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus)

It works pretty well in both windows and linux.  It is written in Java
instead of python like the original BT.  It has lots of tinkering types
of features, like if you have a bunch of torrents completed you can have
it automatically drop out of ones that are heavily seeded and get back
into ones that have leeches but no seeds.

The only down side I've seen is that it needs to be running on a graphic
console (whether X or windows).  If the computer needs to  be shared
among family members then in Linux you can't just leave it running and
log off.  In XP it can keep running in a swapped out login.

-Don Perley