[ltp] Re: Re: [ltp] R40 and ndiswrapper

Rene Wagner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:16:27 +0200

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 13:20, veith@codezilla.de wrote:
> do you own a Pro 2100 card?

Yes. However, the laptop in question is currently on its way to
IBM (possibly) for repair...

> what driver do you use?

Either of the ones recommended on the ndiswrapper site, I don't
remember which of those and obviously cannot check that ATM.

It looks like there's no difference between them anyway since
they seem to be identical to the reference drivers by Intel.

>  and does it work for you?

Sort of. Loading the 'doze drivers doesn't work reliably and
tends to freeze the kernel...
Once that's successful there seems to be a certain amount of
traffic the driver handles fine but crashes afterwards
requiring a modprobe -r ndiswrapper or a restart.

Scanning used to work if I'm not confusing that with the
various drivers/patches I tried for my orinoco card...

Maybe you have more luck with it or want to try the new
Intel driver (ipw2100.sf.net) which I haven't got to yet.

Rene

PS: FWIW I've ordered the cisco card which should work more
reliably.