[ltp] R40 display brightness on battery power?

Christoph Singer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:11:51 +0200

On 06.04.2004 00:32, Benjamin Weste Pearre wrote:
> Just a quickie here -- on line power the display on my R40 is much
> brighter than on battery.  Obviously this is best for power, but I'd
> prefer to manage this myself using Fn-[Home|End].  I've looked through
> the BIOS settings (mostly using tpctl) and the ones that look like
> they might possibly disable LCD dimming don't have any effect.

On the R40, there is such a BIOS option. It was the first setting I
changed after bying my new R40.
Unfortunately, I can't access my BIOS any longer (It says something like
"authentication failed" or "access denied" when I hit the "Access IBM"
button at boot time - anyone knows how to fix this?) and so I cannot
look into the BIOS where to find exactly this option. I only remember
that it was not very easy to find, because it was not in the place where
I expected it or has a misleading name - but it should be really there.

Christoph