[ltp] PS/2 Wheel Mouse

Rei Shinozuka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:33:53 -0400

someone kind and clever person sent this to me, and it worked great for me.
in the XF86Config

add this after the Mouse0 definition

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse1"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Corepointer"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Buttons" "5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

then in this section, replace Mouse0 with Mouse1

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

i have a plain-jane logtech optical mouse.

-rei