[ltp] Mandrake 9.2 and the Internet

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:22:17 -0400

Hi All

I have Mandrake 9.2 on a A30p and I am having a few issues with the Mandrake
configuration.

This being a notebook I would like to be able to connect to the internet by
either DHCP or dial up at but not both at the same time.

I can configure Mandrake to initiate DSL on or after boot and I can turn DSL
on or off but then I can not then configure Mandrake to except a dial up
connection when the DSL connection is not present.

Since I know I lost several of you with my previous description let me
rephrase this again.

I can configure Mandrake to have dial out or DSL but not both [that does not
mean both connected at the same time but the ability to connect to both on
demand]. The issue is I have dial up at home and DSL at work and would like
to use my laptop in both places. Currently I can only configure it to work in
one or the other.

To examply futher. When I have DSL configured as the box is now Dial up dials
out, the computer goes on line but NO browser or mail program recognizes that
I am on line.

Any help as to how to start diagnostics will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank