[ltp] ndiswrapper or ipw2100 vs madwifi

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:48:56 -0400

I'm having some trouble with the wireless card in my t40... i'm in a
noisy area and my connection disappears and reappears frequently using
madwifi and kernel 2.6.5.

this driver is known to perform poorly in a noisy environment.

Before i sink a bunch of time into ndiswrapper or the ipw2100 driver I
thought I'd see if any of you have played with these...

I'm not sure that the ndiswrapper will work with my card (ar5211 a+b
card) since it's pci id is not listed in the "supported" list.  I'm also
not sure if the ipw2100 is for my card or not - they don't seem to list
pci ids.

Has anybody with a T40 had success with one of these?

thanks!

brad