[ltp] Re: WLAN for Thinkpad A31p

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:02:38 +1000

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Michael Eichler wrote:
> I tried to get WLAN working on my Thinkpad A31p and failed miserably.
> The system automatically finds the built-in wireless card and uses the
> orinocco module, however it does not work and complains if the
> ethernet cable is not connected.

*blink*  How very odd.  This looks like some sort of RedHat specific
issue, as I had the wireless network running fine with the in-kernel
orinoco-PCI driver for some time.

When you say "it does not work", what fails?

Do you have the eth1 network device present?

What does iwconfig eth1 say?

What are you trying to talk to - SSID, mode, etc?

How does it "complain" if the Ethernet cable is unplugged?

    Daniel

--
When we want to infuse new ideas, to modify or better the habits and customs
of a people, to breathe new vigour into its national traits, we must use the