[ltp] Hardware Question regarding salvaging HDD's

Analabha Roy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

At the same risk of sounding stupid, I believe that both ends of those connectors are
male. Please take a look at the port of my laptop HDD. It's wierd & male too, I believe:

The pics are at

http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~daneel/pics2/

 I did do a google search & a search at CompUsa & only found adapters with both ends
male. I need one end (the one that goes into the wierd port of my laptop HDD) to be
female & the other end male (for the IDE controller of desktop, which is female I think).

 Are there any gender changers out there that are compatible? (I'll google it & check, of
course, but I'm just asking if anybody knows off of the top of his head).

Regards,
Analabha