[ltp] Hardware Question regarding salvaging HDD's

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:23:26 +0200

On Die, 2004-04-13 at 12:01, Analabha Roy wrote:
> At the same risk of sounding stupid, I believe that both ends of those connectors are
> male. Please take a look at the port of my laptop HDD. It's wierd & male too, I believe:
> The pics are at
>
> http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~daneel/pics2/

Looked at the pictures. The port you show there is no standard 2.5" ide
port. It looks to me like some IBM proprietary interface that is
attached to the standard port of the hard disk. Therefor i think you
should be able to remove it to get to the standard port. (If not then
IBM did some really evil thing with the 770s.)

Once you have a standard port there, you should be able to connect the
harddisk virtually anywhere you want.

Considering casings...there are 3.5" casings that you could use with an
3.5" to 2.5" adaptor. This would of course not be a very nice solution.

André.