[ltp] Power drain.

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:34:28 +0200

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 12:02:29 +0200, Matthias Himber wrote:
> Am Montag, 12. April 2004 11:38 schrieb René Castberg Rene-at-Castberg.org |
> Linux-Thinkpad|:
> > Hi, I have linux installed on my ipaq, and one fo the features that
> > i like is the ability to see how much the power drain it, so i can
> > relatively quickly see if putting the backlight on will drain the
> > battery quick. Is this possible to see on the T40? It would be nice
> > so that i can see if there is any substantial effect on the power
> > drain by disabling certain features on the laptop. (wifi, pcmcia
> > etc etc)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rene
>
> I don't know whether this can be obtained directly, but it can be figured out
> indirectly with some simple math: APM gives you the battery charge in percent
> as well as the time left at current power consumption level, so by dividing

At least on a A20m with NT 4.0, there was a tool which shows the total
capacity of the battery in Wh (so you can check how much the maximum
capacity of the battery has lowered since you bought it), the current
voltage level, the current power drain of the ThinkPad, and many more.
So I suppose it's just another closed-spec-issue.

Regards,
Tino