[ltp] Hardware Question regarding salvaging HDD's

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Jim Hughes wrote:

   As far as I know I haven't seen anything similiar to that for a pci slot.  I
   have seen and used a adapter that connects to the laptop hdd and then
   connects to the ide cable.  You can go to pricewatch.com and pick one up for
   around 5 bucks and that is including shipping.

There are also boxes which will take a 2.5 in drive, as in laptop, and
turn it into a usb and/or firewire external drive. These can cost as
little as $30. Tiger Direct, and I think Microcenter have them.

Ken Firestone, W3CAT     | For every problem there is one solution
kenf@speakeasy.net	 |  which is simple, neat, and wrong.
ken@firestone.net        |   -- H. L. Mencken