[ltp] Hardware Question regarding salvaging HDD's

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:37:23 -0400

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
Analabha Roy <aroy_802701@yahoo.com> wrote:

> At the same risk of sounding stupid, I believe that both ends of those
> connectors are male. Please take a look at the port of my laptop HDD.
> It's wierd & male too, I believe:

I'm not online at the moment (so I can't look at your pictures), but I
have a 770Z. The hard drive is standard, but located in a caddy.  Have you
taken the drive out of the caddy?  If not, get a jeweler's screwdriver and
have at it.  There's a standard laptop hard drive in there somewhere. :)

In fact, I replaced the old (slow) HD in my 770Z with a 5400 RPM drive
just recently and use the thing as my desktop while at home.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/