[ltp] apm on an R40 with 2.6.4

Wolf Wiegand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:19:36 +0200

Eric C. Cooper schrieb:

> This seems to be working fine on 2.6.5 on a T41:
>
> # APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
> CONFIG_APM=y
> # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
> CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
> CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
> CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
> CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
> # CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
> CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y

Hey, thanks, this at least solves my problems when closing the lid.

I've been trying around a little bit more. My first problem (after 5
minutes of idling, my machine dies) can be reproduced by pressing Fn+F3.
I've looked through all manuals I could find in search of a 'secret' key
combination to wake my machine up again, but I couldn't find anything
(the manuals say: Press Fn to wake your machine up. This does not work,
though) Well, I'll try work around this problem within the BIOS.

regards,

Wolf