[ltp] dual mouse

Justin Georgeson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:28:51 -0500

I know mouses have been discussed a great deal lately, but I don't think
my specific issue has. After installing kernel-image-2.6.4-1-686, the
trackpoint on my 600X 2645-5EU doesn't seem to work. I've tried GPM with
both the ps2 and fups2 protocols. What I'd ultimately like to get
working is to have the trackpoint work in the console and in X, along
with hotplugging a USB mouse (simple 2 button + scroll). The console is
less important than X. With the XF86Config below the USB mouse works,
hotplugging included, but not the trackpoint.

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "CoreMouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "DevInputMice"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
         Identifier      "Default Layout"
         Screen          "Default Screen"
         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
         InputDevice     "CoreMouse"        "CorePointer"
         InputDevice     "DevInputMice"     "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection