[ltp] Hardware Question regarding salvaging HDD's

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:14:12 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Analabha Roy wrote:

>  YES!!!!! I finally got it to work. Thanks to all your help, I finally
> saw that the diabolical port attached to the HDD can be unscrewed and
> inside, lo & behold, is a standard IDE port!

Congratulations on solving your problem. . . . and here's an extra little
bonus. Don't throw away that "diabolical port" that you've unscrewed. It's
useful. It can be attached to any standard naked 2.5" laptop hard drive,
and lo and behold, you have something that will attach to a 770-series
Thinkpad hard drive bay connector without the necessity for an expensive
caddy.

If you don't need that "diabolical port," I'm sure you can sell it to
someone here on on eBay. For that matter, I'd offer you a coupla bucks
for it myself, if no one else will.

Mendel