[ltp] Re: R40 display brightness on battery power?

Frank Schmitt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:09:21 +0200

Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@b4net.lt> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 06:51:02AM -0500, Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) wrote:
>> >  BTW, how does one wipe out the Host Protected Area zone?
>>
>> Though I have never done this, I believe that there is a parameter in
>> BIOS that allows you to "un-hide" the IBM partition. The OS (Win or
>> Linux) can then see the partition and you can do whatever with it.
>
> I do not see anything like that in the BIOS of my T23.

In my R40, it's somewhere under security, there are three possible
states, one hides the area completely, one let's you see it but not
change it and one gives you the possibility to wipe it out with fdisk
or something like this. I think it's labeled active, protected and
disabled.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough