[ltp] KDE crashes but not Gnome after suspend

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:37:21 +0300

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 10:09:52PM -0500, Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) wrote:
> I've got a couple of questions:
>=20
> 1) Where can I find the scripts for suspend/resume of X and/or graphics-c=
ard?

I think you found all the scripts there are.  The rest is up to hardware
drivers.

> 2) Any ideas on how to fix the radeon_cp_indirect error? (Google didn't g=
ive me anything)

I remember people talking that you need to update the Radeon drivers in
X to get suspend working.  I have an S3 card in my T23, so I wasn't
following the Radeon discussions closely.

> 3) What is Yenta and Compaq Touchscreen doing in my system?

yenta_socket is the name of the PCMCIA controller driver.  I do not know
what the message about the Compaq touchscreen protocol means, but
perhaps this is the name of the protocol Synaptics touchpad uses.

> 4) Where can I tap in and peek to see why apmd is doing a suspend
> directly after my second resume?
> 5) Any suggestions on how to proceed?

I suggest googling for Radeon and APM.  Maybe the problem can be fixed
by upgrading your kernel or X.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--