[ltp] R40e and Cpudynd

Pete Wright linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:49:57 +0100

--=-HCuli+GEqMo+lX/KRoX6

Hi all,=20

I've spent an enjoyable week learning all I can about the ins and outs
of the Linux Kernel as I configure Debian with the 2.6.4 kernel on my
Thinkpad R40e (2684).=20

I've got ACPI to the point where KDE will happily monitor the battery
and issue warnings etc. Now I want to get cpudynd working in order to
change the processor frequency and spin down the hard disk etc. But I
can't for the life of me get it to work.=20

There appears to be absolutely nothing in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0
when according to the cpudynd readme and faq there should be. There's
also no information inside /proc/cpufreq.=20

I have ACPI compiled as modules and can load most stuff without a
problem, but when I modprobe processor the system just locks up - no
mouse, no keyboard, nothing.=20

I can't help thinking that I've probably compiled the ACPI and Cpu
scaling settings in the kernel incorrectly for a Celeron 2.0ghz. I'd
really appreciate it if someone out there could point me in the right
direction.=20

Thanks,=20

Pete

--=-HCuli+GEqMo+lX/KRoX6