[ltp] R50p & 2.6.5 USB Problems

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:45:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there,

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, hamish wrote:

> Brad Langhorst wrote:
[snip]
> Thanks... It's looking... different now... 3 USB 1.x busses? What's
> supposed to be on them if both of the external USB ports are on the USB
> 2.x bus?

The USB2.0-host controller only handles USB2.0 high speed devices on either
of the busses. USB1.1 and AFAIK also USB2.0 low/full speed devices are
handled through the [ou]hci-host controllers. And I guess the USB2.0 host
controller generates sort of a virtual bus taking over USB2.0 high speed
devices from all the 'real' USB busses.

HTH, Heiko

P.S: Sorry for not keeping this on the newsgroups - I have not yet managed
to configure pine as my newsreader for writing to newsgroups.