[ltp] R50p & 2.6.5 USB Problems

hamish linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:32:43 +0100

Heiko Rosemann wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, hamish wrote:
>

>>Brad Langhorst wrote:
>>

>[snip]
>

>>Thanks... It's looking... different now... 3 USB 1.x busses? What's
>>supposed to be on them if both of the external USB ports are on the USB
>>2.x bus?
>>

>The USB2.0-host controller only handles USB2.0 high speed devices on either
>of the busses. USB1.1 and AFAIK also USB2.0 low/full speed devices are
>handled through the [ou]hci-host controllers. And I guess the USB2.0 host
>controller generates sort of a virtual bus taking over USB2.0 high speed
>devices from all the 'real' USB busses.

Ah... I see... So the physical bus is shared by the ehci and uhci
depending on whether it's usb2.0 or usb1.1... I understand a little bit
more.

Anyway. I have news... I regressed to kernel 2.6.4 (Because I had 2.6.4
working fine on my a20p with a USB dongle) and it all works (USB wise
anyway :) Bluetooth works like a charm, I can transfer files back &
forth (Via obex) with my SE.P900 phone. Fn-F5 turns the Bt adapter on &
off, and kdebluetooth (CVS version) picks up the adapter being
'inserted' and 'detached'.

I'll do a bit more investigation & see if I can find out why it works
under 2.6.4 and not under 2.6.5...

I've also submitted a link to tuxmobile.org. It'll point at
<http://www.travellingkiwi.com/laptop/r50p%20Linux.html>

>HTH, Heiko
>

>P.S: Sorry for not keeping this on the newsgroups - I have not yet managed
>to configure pine as my newsreader for writing to newsgroups.

No worries.