[ltp] Re: R50p & 2.6.5 USB Problems

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:47:33 +1000

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, hamish@travellingkiwi.com wrote:
> I have a brand new r50p. (TJ22AUK == 1832-2AG, of which IBM don't seem
> to have any 2AG's on their support site yet for some reason) . I've
> installed Debian which I had on my old A20p, and put unstanble on it
> (Not the whole of unstable, some bits I haven't updated), but I've put
> on the new 2.6.5 kernal image etc. And I've also grabbed a copy of the
> 2.6.5 kernel sources & compiled it myself.
>
> Unfortunatley the USB doesn't appear to work... Or at least not
> properly...

Nope.  There is a known bug with USB in 2.6.5, but no fix as yet.

Your configuration (and my A31p, which does the same with USB and
BlueTooth) trigger it.

So, at least you know the cause of it. :)

Turn off the BlueTooth hardware and the kernel will run.

    Daniel

--
Psychoanalysis is the mental illness it purports to cure.
        -- Karl Krauss