[ltp] Harddrive problems with T30...

Chris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:08:03 +0000

Hi,

i have a Thinkpad T30, and my harddrive just drives me
insane. It keeps on making these strange sounds every 5-10
seconds, and sounds really frightening. I dont like this.

The model is Hitachi DK23DA-40F.

I searched the web, and came up with this:
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-43349

There it says, upgrading the firmware of the drives removes:
"(Fix) The drive may makes the clicking sound."

Well, my question is:

First of all, this page referes to the Thinkpad model R31, as stated in this
document. I think it is a dumb question, but can i also apply this firmware
upgrade with my T30?

Hope you can help me,

Regards,
Chris

btw: does anyone have the same harddrive model family DK23DA?