[ltp] T41p CPU temperature with a zero load ?

Eric C. Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:14:24 -0400

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 07:53:45PM +0200, Franois Fleuret wrote:
> I recently bought a T41p. The fan seems to never stop working, and I
> was wondering if there may be something wrong here. Even with a null
> load (i.e. uptime returns 0.0 0.0 0.0), acpi -V returns a CPU
> temperature of 50.0 degrees C. This in a pretty cool environnement
> (maybe 21 degrees).

I saw a similar temperature on my T41, but have since switched to APM
rather than ACPI, so I can no longer tell.

> Also, there is a slightly annoying vibration in the keyboard. This
> was not the case with my beloved 570e. Is that standard too ?

I notice flexing of the keyboard on the right side -- is that what you
mean by "vibration"?  It seems to be due to the UltraBay (it's a lot
more solid on the left side).  I'm planning to swap the optical drive
for a dummy when I don't need it; that might firm up the keyboard a
bit.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u