[ltp] Modem delaying data from one minute to the other

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:01:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Mauro Maroni wrote:

> Perhaps the other end of the PPP link (your ISP's router) is delaying the
> just a thought

Alright, so for the archives - there were two reasons actually. No1 was -
the cable was badly inserted (bad connectors - sometimes they just lose
contact)
No2 was the one you mentioned - after replugging the cable, I still had
pings up to 20s, but the troughput increased from 2kbit/s to 50kbit/s -
because someone had sent me a 5MB-eMail and fetchmail seems to be getting
very high priority here. At least compared to ping and http/mozilla.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards, Heiko

P.S: Just saw the following: I mistyped my laptop model - it is an X30, not
an X31.

--
 * WARNING! The USB documentation is downright evil. Most of it
 * is just crap, written by a committee. You're better off ignoring