[ltp] noflushd

Patrick Koehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:56:50 -0400

I had the same problem with my 600.  When I upgraded to RH9, kupdated
was using all of my processor (spin up, spin down, spin up, spin down).
  Turns out that noflushd was the culprit.  Simply disabling it wasn't
sufficient - I had to remove it from my system.

I think I'm living without spinning down the drives - not a big deal for
me, as I'm usually running with wall power.

Hope this helps,

Patrick