[ltp] noflushd

Don Perley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:40:42 -0400

If you're stuck with 128 I agree to try a lighter weight window manager,
maybe fvwm.

Memory chip prices have gone up this year, but a few weeks ago I was
able to find a name brand 512 MB pc2700(laptop version) on sale for
US$100 at Best Buy.
Adding that to the built-in 256 MB made a big difference in switching
applications which used to cause swapping.