[ltp] T30:Projector resolution hassles

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:38:45 -0400 (EDT)

	We've had a problem with T30 (RH9) and T40 (SuSE 9) where a little
bit of the top and left get cropped off the image on a projector.  It
doesn't seem to be a whole resolution step -- it seems like at any
resolution, about 5% of the vertical image and 10% of the horizontal image
is missing on the projector.  It also doesn't pan.  I think I recall that
I didn't have this problem with the ATI binary drivers, but it's been a
while.

	If you're really getting different resolutions with panning, try
connecting the projector and then restarting X (from runlevel 3 if
necessary).  I think the card/driver doesn't detect the capabilities of
the external display except at X startup time, so it defaults to 640x480
only or something.  If you restart X with the projector connected, it
should be detected OK.

Aaron