[ltp] Some issues on R50p

Andre Timmermannn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:58:37 +0200

Hi,

many thanks for your help.

Am Fr, den 23.04.2004 schrieb Ren=E9 Castberg um 9:40:

> Not sure but this is probably because you have apic enabled, try
> switchingit off though boot parameters or by not compiling that kernel
> option,

I will test disabling APIC.
=20
> Can't help you here, have you tried setting the kernel to relaxed aml?

Yes, I have included relaxed aml.

> MY T40p has also oops's on boot with BT enabled

Bluetooth works fine. The kernel oopses, when I try to remove the
hardware via FN+F$ or the module via rmmod.

> > 6. WLAN-LED: I read somewhere, that the LED in the lid does not work
> > under linux. Any news about that?
> >=20
> What driver are  you using? If you are using the aethros, try setting
> this enviorment before compiling the drivers:
>  export COPTS=3D-DSOFTLED
> This should enable the led.

Great, it works.

I have tried the new SuSE 9.1. ACPI turns off the computer with SuSE's
2.6.4 I thin, I have to take a look at SuSE's kernel-patches ;)

--=20
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?