[ltp] X31 won't boot linux anymore

Brian Youngstrom linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:04:37 -0700

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 07:16:08PM -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Heheh, I have a 600X that does exactly the opposite: it will boot any Linux
> distro without issue (which is good, because that's my 99% OS on this
> machine) but will not boot any flavor of Windows

Wish I had that 'problem'.   :)

It seems to be isolated to linux.  I was able to boot from a FreeBSD CD
this morning.  Win2k install CD and a DOS boot floppy also work great.

> If I find an answer to this, I'll post it here, it might be related.  If you
> get one first, please do the same :-)

Certainly will.

--
Brian Youngstrom                               byoung@cs.washington.edu
Computer Science & Engineering                 University of Washington