[ltp] Some issues on R50p

Andre Timmermann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:09:16 +0200

Hi,

Am Fr, den 23.04.2004 schrieb hamish um 18:01:

> That's the apic problem. Disable apic on uniprocessors.

OK, you ar the third one with this tip. I think that _must_ be the
solution ;) I will test it.

> >2: ACPI: I have seen that there are some errors concerning the
> >dsdt-table. I did not manage to copmpile my own. If possible, please
> >send me a copy of a working table? Or is it possible to upload a worki=
ng
> >one to http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/ ?
>=20
> Yep. Snap.

Hmm, there is nothing in the download area concerning a R50p. I have
tried to compile it myself, but I got some ACPI errors with mine.

> Same. Except mine doesn't hang, it just doesn't re-init the display.=20
> Everything else is working fine though. Mine doesn't matter if it's=20
> close the lid, FN-F4 or echo 3 >> /proc/acpi/sleep. All does the smae t=
hing.

OK, I hope there will be a solution soon, I think the people on
acpi.sourceforge.net are making a good job. I hope the nect patch will
sole these issues ;)

> FN+F5 perhaps? 2.6.5+ has a bug it seems in USB handling. 2.6.4 works=20
> like a charm with USB bluetooth for me.

Jip, FN+F5, sorry, my fault. Bluetooth works for me, either. I hope, the
next kernelversion fill fix that ;)

>=20
> Mine has the Intel chipset. The LED works, but that's about all... I=20
> haven't managed to get the ipw2100 drivers working with anything yet=20
> (ad-hoc not done yet sadly, but I can't get it work work with an AP eit=
her).

Too bad, is this a centrino-notebook?=20
Ren=E9 told me to use this:
 export COPTS=3D-DSOFTLED
in the environment before compiling the atheros-driver. But this will be
no help for you.=20

Many thanks,

I will share my experiences soon.

Greetz,
Andre

--=20
Join the army! Travel the world, Meet interesting people, and kill them.