[ltp] Fn-Keys R40

Pete Wright linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:17:31 +0100

--=-txvH/ZAUNeLS9y90y8kc

I also haven't got them working yet, but I am working on the R40 HOWTO
at the moment so I can give you some bad news about some of the others -
sorry.=20

Function F12 is suspend to disk, and that just aint gonna work I'm
afraid. There have been some reports of people having mixed success with
a software utility called swsusp, but it's really hit and miss it seems.
Getting that app to run in response to pressing a weird (for Linux) key
combination its going to be very tough indeed. Also, as regards ACPI
events, there are problems with some of the ACPI modules that I'm
currently looking into with their authors to try to reach a resolution.
Until that resolution comes though you are going to be somewhat limited
to just having ACPI tell you how much battery life you have left, and
whether or not you are running on the mains.=20

Screen switching (Function F7) I'm still looking into.=20

Sorry that doesn't help much

Pete

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 21:07, Christoph Gellner wrote:
> Hi
> I own a IBM Thinkpad R40 (2722-DG1)
> Everything i tried works fine, but i just can't get all FN-Keys working.
>=20
> I still have problems with Fn+F3, Fn+F5, FN+F7 and FN+F12
>=20
> This keys don't seem to cause a acpi-event,  xev doesn't work,
> neither I can see any differences in nvram (which is used by tpb)
> "watch --differences=3Dcumulative -n 0 xxd /dev/nvram"
>=20
> Any tips ???
>=20
> Christoph