[ltp] T30:Projector resolution hassles

Crispin Cowan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:55:00 -0700

Atul Chitnis wrote:

>My problem is when I am using this thing with a projector (which I do
>often). Most projectors I run into can only handle 1024x768 or less, which
>sin't too much of an issue - using KDE's REsize and Rotate tool (i.e.
>xrandr), I can easily size my display to whatever the projector can
>handle.
>
>But that is where the problem starts - X correctly resizes to the desired
>resolution (like, say, 1024x768), KDE 3.2.1 correctly refreshes,
>OpenOffice.org 1.1.1 correctly displays fullscreen - but the image going
>out to the projector is 1024x768, mapped to a 640x480 window, as if I had
>set ito to a 1024x768 virtual desktop. It pans and scrolls around.

My T40 is ten days old, so my experience with this problem is limited.
However, in my experience, it is sensitive to the order in which you do
the xrandr vs. when you push F7 to switch from internal to external
video. Try various orders of events and see what happens.

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com