[ltp] T40, the fan never stops when I use 802.11 a/b/g wireless adapter

jbk linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:51:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I bought a thinkpad T40 series a few days ago.

When I turn on the computer, after 10-15 minutes
later, the fan starts spinning and never stop (it
emits not hot air and I believe it is running
unnecessarily).

However, this only happens when I turn on wireless
function. If I turn off the Mini PCI adapter wireless
function and use ethernet cable for internet, the fan
is working fine (i.e., sometimes turns on and a couple
of minutes later it turns off). So I thought it is
a defective wireless card problem and changed the
card. During a couple of days after changing the
wirless card, the fan was working fine.
But the fan problem occured again.

Is it normal condition or is there any way to set the
fan environment such as heat detect?

John