[ltp] Re: Timeout with IBM minipci cvs atheros and 2.6

Alexander Gran linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:27:45 +0200

Am Sonntag, 25. April 2004 22:41 schrieb Loic Minier:
>  Indeed.

It helps a bit, if you modify the driver not to reinit, but to just reset t=
he=20
card:
change=20
static void
ath_tx_timeout(struct net_device *dev)
{
        struct ath_softc *sc =3D dev->priv;
        sc->sc_stats.ast_watchdog++;
#ifdef AR_DEBUG
        if (ath_debug)
                ath_hal_dumpstate(sc->sc_ah);
#endif
        ath_init(dev);
}

to=20

static void
ath_tx_timeout(struct net_device *dev)
{
        struct ath_softc *sc =3D dev->priv;
        sc->sc_stats.ast_watchdog++;
#ifdef AR_DEBUG
        if (ath_debug)
                ath_hal_dumpstate(sc->sc_ah);
#endif
        ath_reset(dev);
}
in driver/if_ath.c

This takes "just" 3 sec.

>  Right now, I've turned off acpi, cpufreq and anything related to
>  system/cpu states that could confuse ath drivers, result: did not help
>  at all.

Same here. even switched to apm. No chance.

>  The ath0 interface works fine as long as I don't traffic too much, if I
>  do:

strange, relly. But at least it's the same bug i see.

>  =3D> 4th interrupt position if you consider cascading.

I even got:
           CPU0
  0:     532251          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       2065          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          3          XT-PIC  serial
  7:          0          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          4          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:      25032          XT-PIC  yenta, uhci_hcd, radeon@PCI:1:0:0
 10:      10304          XT-PIC  yenta, uhci_hcd, ehci_hcd, Intel=20
82801DB-ICH4, Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem
 11:       5423          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, ath0
 12:      19360          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      14243          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         62          XT-PIC  ide1

but not better.