[ltp] T30:Projector resolution hassles

Humberto Nanni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:32:21 -0700 (PDT)

Same problem here but with any external monitor. just
640x480@50Hz...

I've solved this emerging (I mean installing in
gentoo) the ati drivers. I didnt want do that as
several people in the gentoo forums says that the ati
drivers freeze the X. This actually happens when I
boot with a 2.4.x kernel, but with this 2.6, the thing
is running fine (still no problems during this
morning), I can do the 1400x1050 in the lap, then
change the resolution to 1280x1024 press fnc-F7 and
see the flat panel flawlesly. DRI available too Later
I will try the other options in the driver as clone
dektop, split desktops, etc.

So, you may try
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/fglrx-glc22-4.3.0-3.2.8.i586.rpm
 . After complete the intallation try fglrxconfig
instead of xconfig. It will generate a XF86Config-4
with a lot of options specifically for the ati driver.

Hope it works for you.