[ltp] ACPI and TP 770

Crispin Cowan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:15:41 -0700

Andrew Gaffney wrote:

> Crispin Cowan wrote:
>
>> No, the 770 is older than ACPI. At least the one that I had was
>> strictly APM.
>>
>> On the other hand, APM works better, so be happy :)
>
> Okay, but do I need to enable any of the options under APM in the
> kernel config?

If you want to use APM, then yeah, APM has to be enabled. Whether you
need to go do something to your config and rebuild depends on where you
got your kernel from and how it was configured. I ran Immunix 7.3 on my
TP 770, and APM just worked out of the box. Yeah that is my product, but
trust me, my engineers were not aiming at my laptop when they built it :)

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.  http://immunix.com/~crispin/
CTO, Immunix          http://immunix.com