[ltp] does anybody know how to calculate cpu voltage for each MHz?

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 01:06:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Niko Ehrenfeuchter wrote:
> Since I haven't found a daemon that supports ACPI-throttling, I have
> started to write a patch for the cpudyn[1] cpufreq-daemon (i chose this
> one as a starting point since it already contains some functionality for
> throttling, though as an _alternative_ to freqency-scaling).
>
> While it already works, I'm not satisfied with the results yet since it
> badly influences the responsiveness of the system - work's in progress
> :)

I've always had this on my to-do list - search for a daemon that also
supports throttling. Thanks for telling me it doesn't exist :-/

Regards, Heiko

P.S: I've been able to increase the battery runtime from 3 to 4 hours while
watching a video - with lowest cpu speed and just so much throttling that it
doesn't hurt the playback. (which was about 62% remaining, IIRC)
--
 * WARNING! The USB documentation is downright evil. Most of it
 * is just crap, written by a committee. You're better off ignoring