[ltp] Re: Weird Problem with MS Natural Keyboard

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 07:22:42 -0400

Sorry to post a response to my own question, but I figured it out.
I used xev to see what events were generated when I pressed the keys.
It seems that when I pressed any of the navigation keys, I got a
keypress event for the key I pressed (i.e. HOME or Right Arrow) folloed
by an extraneous keypress event for keycode 111, the Print key.  Not
sure why two events for two different keys are generated, could be a
driver bug.
Anyway, I worked around it by deleting the keycode definition for
keycode 111 in /etc/X11/kbd/keycodes/xfree86.  This means I cant use the
print key anymore, but I never use it anyway ;-(

-James