[ltp] Linux on T42

Didrik Pinte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:49:32 +0200

Le jeu 05/08/2004 =E0 11:22, Mark Nelson a =E9crit :
> Hello=20
>=20
> I'm thinking of purchasing a T42 Thinkpad,Model Name: 2373FYG Part
> Number: UC2FYUK,
> (http://www5.pc.ibm.com/uk/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_UC2FYUK?Open
> Document).)
>=20
> Has anyone installed Linux on this laptop?  I have  a few quick
> questions,
>=20
> 1.  Does it support APM and ACPI (I've had mixed experience of ACPI on
> other laptops)
>=20
> 2.  It's a centrino, will this cause any problems (the processor is a=20
> Intel Pentium M Processor 725)
>=20
> 3.  The sound card has a SoundMAX chipset in it, is this supported by
> Linux?
>=20
> I'm planning to run Debian testing on this laptop if this makes any
> difference.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks in advance=20
>=20
> Mark.

Hi,

For my experience (running an R50 but reading the mailing list ;-) ),
you won't have any problems using Debian/Testing. You will be able to
run both APM and ACPI but the APM support is better and more stable
(easy suspend-to-disk for example).=20

I have a Pentium M too, running great on my Debian/Unstable. Same for
the SoundMAX chipset.

---
Didrik
Running a Debian/Sid (2.6.7) on a Thinkpad R50