[ltp] Re: dothan 1800 and cpufreq

Bertrand Servin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:56:41 -0700

Hi,

Stephan Holl wrote:

> has anybody from you set up a new intel centrino Pentium M 1800 MHZ with
> cpufreq on a recent kernel?!

I have a Dothan Intel Pentium M Processor 735 1700 MHz, and it works
great !

> My Kernel always complains about an unsupported kernel...

Do you mean you have a line saying something like :
"unsupported Intel ... please send /proc/cpuinfo to jeremy@goop.org"?

if so, I do have this warning but I can throttle speed anyway.

> My Kernel: 2.6.8-rc2 on debian unstable

I use a 2.6.7 vanilla

> All the relevant kernel-options are set, also the bk-cpufreq.patch was
> applied, but without success.

Are you sure the default behaviour for the cpufreq mode is "userspace"
in the kernel ?

I am using the daemon speedfreqd which you can find here :
http://www.goop.org/~jeremy/speedfreq/
and it is started by init (at bootime) after installation.

I then use a little dockapp to throttle "user-friendly" :
http://www.dockapps.org/file.php/id/244

hope this helps,

Bertrand
--
Basically you have to suppress your own ambitions in order to be who
you need to be. (B. Dylan)