[ltp] t41p: supsend with fglrx 3.11.1 finally works!

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:39:45 +0100

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:48:50 +0200, Arndt Twickel wrote:
> Great news: With the new ati fglrx driver (3.11.1) suspend to ram
> (apm) finally works!! Additionally Hibernation only takes a third of
> the time it used to before.

Yep, can confirm that, just got it to work here too.

> Has anyone already tried supend (ACPI) with the new driver?

I couldn't get it to work.

Got a garbled screen and dead keybaord, just as before. However, its
possible that the APM support for the framebuffer card will mean the APM
suspend is now usable for me. I was getting far too much battery drain
before.

My setup is

Fedora Core 2
ATI's 3.11.1 RPM + FC2 patch from older driver (botched to work with 3.11.1)
whatever-bios-it-came-with

Is it worth upgrading the BIOS if theres a newer one, and I can I do it
without installing windows?

- Steve