[ltp] r50 battery problem

Chris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:41:41 +1000

hi all:

after two weeks of using wireless connection on my network, i recently found
out that my battery life has on average reduced by almost one hour. i used to
get a round about 4.5 hours after fully charged, but right now it only
displays 3 hours 40 min or so after it beeps saying battery is fully charged.
I only got my laptop for 2 months, it's R50 1829 6DM, does anyone have a clue
what went wrong? or the wireless has absolutely nothing to do with the
battery life?

I used to use acpi, however it's not quite working out on my laptop as some
functionality are not functioning at all, so i switched to apm and it works
pretty well. but i did cat my battery capacity through acpi and it reported
the last fully charged was actually 90% of the designed capacity, is this
normal? at the time i check it the laptop has only been used for less than 2
months.

Thanks

Chris