[ltp] t41p: supsend with fglrx 3.11.1 finally works!

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 11:53:06 +0100

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 07:50:13 -0700, Elliot F. wrote:
> > Fedora Core 2
> > ATI's 3.11.1 RPM + FC2 patch from older driver (botched to work with 3.11.1)
> > whatever-bios-it-came-with
> >
> > Is it worth upgrading the BIOS if theres a newer one, and I can I do it
> > without installing windows?
> >
> > - Steve
>
> Do you gentlemen have .configs and/or XF86Config-4's?  Are you using
> 2.6.6, or 2.6.7?  Are you both using FC2?

I'm just using the stock FC2 kernel. My xorg.conf file is basicly the one
fglrx-whatever generated, hacked a bit to make it work with the new input
layer.

> I tried twice, once getting it to hang immediately when I tried to
> suspend, and once when I tried to resume after suspending.  Any tricks?

Did you disable ACPI? acpi=off on the command line. I haven't tested it a
lot of times, but it does seem to wake/sleep relaibly under APM.

- Steve