[ltp] Softmodem in R51 doesnt work in SuSE 9.1

Uwe Rößner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 19:53:07 +0200

Hi Heiko,

Am Freitag, 30. Juli 2004 15:57 schrieb Heiko Rosemann:

Sorry for my late response...

> You could try to download a new version of the smartlink modem drivers fr=
om
> www.smlink.com -
I have downloaded Version 2.9.9. But if I install this version, I cannot
configure my modem with YAST, this want to install the
softmodem-package... :-(

> ISTR that I was having similar problems with some older
> version...
Perhaps this is a kernel problem? I have updated with YOU, now I have kernel
2.6.5-7.104.

> 2.9.7 works for me on an X30 with kernel 2.6.6,
Where can I get this kernel? On the suse-pages I didn´t found it.

I´m near the point to give up. .-((
--
Regards, Uwe.