[ltp] dual head DVI + LCD on T4x?

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:08:21 +0200

Am Montag, 9. August 2004 19:22 schrieb Andr=E9 Wyrwa a.wyrwa-at-gmx.de |
Linux-Thinkpad|:
> Hmm...if you are talking about DVI-only output, i have that working as
> far as i'd like to go...meaning radeon framebuffer driver at 1600x1200x8
> as well as xorgs radeon driver at 1600x1200x24.
Please post your config! (And the software versions you use). DVI output wo=
uld=20
really enhance my Desktop experience.
BTW, have you tried to pull the newest radeon driver from CVS? MergedFB mig=
ht=20
just solve your dual-screen problems...

> However, as far as windows concerns us...i'm using the DNA drivers and
> am very happy with those, they have everything i want.
The only hacked-up ATI drivers I tried were the omega ones, which didn't wo=
rk=20
very well at all (at least on the Thinkpad while it still had Windows... D3=
D=20
worked with slightly less major graphical glitches than the official IBM=20
driver, OpenGL didn't work at all...).
Thanks for the info,
	Matthias

--=20
Wohl denen, die =FCber sich selbst lachen k=F6nnen, denn sie werden sich k=
=F6stlich=20
am=FCsieren!
(Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they'll have lots of fu=
n!)