[ltp] dual head DVI + LCD on T4x?

Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:39:28 -0400

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:08:21 +0200, Matthias Himber
<sowd3xw02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. August 2004 19:22 schrieb Andr=E9 Wyrwa a.wyrwa-at-gmx.de |
> Linux-Thinkpad|:
> > Hmm...if you are talking about DVI-only output, i have that working as
> > far as i'd like to go...meaning radeon framebuffer driver at 1600x1200x=
8
> > as well as xorgs radeon driver at 1600x1200x24.
> Please post your config! (And the software versions you use). DVI output =
would
> really enhance my Desktop experience.
> BTW, have you tried to pull the newest radeon driver from CVS? MergedFB m=
ight
> just solve your dual-screen problems...

BTW, mergedfb, the dynamic pm patch, and quite a few other fixes for
radeon were merged into xorg and will be in the next release.=20
Mergedfb will not help WRT using DVI and LCD at the same time.  It
uses the same code paths as "regular" multihead for setting up the
crtcs and outputs.

Alex

>=20
> > However, as far as windows concerns us...i'm using the DNA drivers and
> > am very happy with those, they have everything i want.
> The only hacked-up ATI drivers I tried were the omega ones, which didn't =
work
> very well at all (at least on the Thinkpad while it still had Windows... =
D3D